Information for Prospective Members
Who Should Consider The Rotary Club of Escondido?
Potential candidates for the Escondido Rotary Club should be motivated self starters who adhere to strong ethical standards, are upstanding citizens and have demonstrated leadership in their business and community.
Most members are engaged as proprietors, partners, corporate officers or senior level managers in their recognized business or profession. Almost all are in executive or professional positions with discretionary authority and have shown previous proclivity for community involvement.
Current members include; leaders of major educational institutions, senior level officers or owners of major North County businesses, partners in the leading law firms, executives and directors of fine arts institutions, top officers and leaders in city government, executives and directors of charitable organizations and leading healthcare, financial and real estate professionals.
Every member application is reviewed by the Membership Committee and the Rotary Club of Escondido Board of Directors to assure that the prospective member meets the club criteria for membership.
There are more than 60 Rotary Clubs in the San Diego District alone. You can locate the club most convenient for you by going to www.rotary5340.org and clicking on"Club Meetings Time and Locations".
IMPORTANT – when considering membership in the Rotary Club of Escondido, please be aware of the following:
- Rotary is a service organization and active participation in at least one of our various committees is expected.
- Meetings are held at 12:10 every Tuesday at the California Center for The Arts in Escondido. Regular attendance is expected (50% is the minimum required attendance – other Rotary club meetings, online meetings and committee activities count as make-ups).
- Meeting meals are $16 per week. No meal fee is $5.
- The initiation fee is $125 and is paid before being inducted as a new member.
- Annual dues are $160, billed annually (Prorated to $80 for new members joining near the middle of the Rotary year).
- Members are expected to annually contribute at least $320 toward Rotary projects and foundations. ($120 to Rotary International, $75 to the Escondido Rotary Foundation and the purchase of at least one ticket for $125 to attend our annual signature fundraiser and gala “Coeur de Cuisine”).
- Membership is by invitation only and subject to the recommendation by a current member in good standing, approval the Membership Committee and approval by the Rotary Club of Escondido Board of Directors