32nd Annual SDBIF Charity Golf Classic
The 2017 San Diego Brain Injury Foundation Charity Golf Classic is April 27 at Stoneridge Country Club. To play you must register … but as an added bonus, you can create a personal fundraising page so you can help raise additional funds to support the critical work of the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation within the San Diego community. Even if your friends and family don't play golf or are unable to attend the Golf Classic, they can still donate to your page to show their support for our work.
Brain injury affects over two million people each year in the United states. Over 11,000 people - survivors and family members - are affected each year in San Diego County. There are many causes of brain injury, including vehicle accidents, falls, military accidents, sports injuries, industrial accidents, strokes, aneurysms and illness. The San Diego Brain Injury Foundation has been providing information, support, education and community awareness for brain injury survivors and their families living in San Diego since 1983. Funds raised by the Annual Golf Classic go to:
- Howard House - a long-term residential care fcility for brain-injured survivors
- A telephone helpline with information and referral to other agencies, programs, services and support groups
- A Brain Injury Guide For Families
- Monthly meetings with speakers of special interest to the brain-injury community
- A newsletter with circulation to 4000 survivors, professionals, family members and caregivers
- Outreach to the military community
- Hospital Outreach program
- Information sharing and cooperation with agencies and professionals who serve the brain-injury community
- Speakers to provide community education and involvement in programs to prevent brain injury.