The purpose of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
THE FOUR-WAY TEST OF THE THINGS WE THINK, SAY OR DO
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is if FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?