Chartered October 20, 1924, the Escondido Rotary Club today is the third largest among the 60 Rotary clubs in San Diego and Imperial counties and the largest of any service club in all of North San Diego County. Our 200-plus members range from 25 to 89 years of age and include a cross section of the community’s political, civic, and business leaders and professionals who unite under Rotary’s banner of "Service Above Self" to conduct a wide range of humanitarian projects, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and work toward world understanding and peace.
About Rotary International
The purpose of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test of Rotary
Of the things we say, think, or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is if FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
In addition to supporting Rotary International’s peace and humanitarian initiatives worldwide, Escondido Rotary helps a wide range of local organizations and activities that touch every part of our community. Some of those recipients include:
- The Alzheimer's Association of SD/Imp County
- Assistance League Inland North County
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
- California Center for the Arts
- Friends of Daley Ranch
- The Elizabeth Hospice
- Escondido Arts Partnership
- Escondido Choral Arts Foundation
- Escondido History Center
- Interfaith Community Services/Haven House
- Meals On Wheels San Diego County
- Neighborhood Health Care
- Next Step Service Dogs
- Operation America Cares
- Palomar YMCA
- Palomar/Pomerado Lifeline
- San Diego Humane Society
- SD Brain Injury Foundation
- San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- San Pasqual Academy
- San Pasqual High School Robotics
- Tariq Khamisa Foundation
- Wounded Warriors
- Voices for Children
- Young Life Novaland